from field to fork
The pea itself is the real protein factory
dear pea, we are not sorry
It's true: the environment, health and taste benefit from the fact that we mainly use peas for our products, but there is someone who is so not happy about it. That's right, the pea. And although the pea won't like that we're telling you all about it and its outstanding properties below, we're going to do it anyway. Sustainability and taste come first. Sorry not sorry.
valuable plant proteins without soya and without chemicals
Our products are made primarily from peas: all of the energy they contain is developed from one summer’s worth of sun, rainwater and the nutrients from the topsoil. That is good for people and good for the planet. Animal production of meat, milk and eggs has a much bigger impact on the environment than the production of any other food product. Meat production is so inefficient and puts such a huge strain on resources that soon there will no longer be sufficient resources to provide well-balanced nutrition for the almost 9 billion people on this planet. The basis for our products is plants grown using a traditional multi-field crop rotation system instead of monocultures.
only plant proteins and natural ingredients
amidori products are made from water, pea protein isolate, spices, rapeseed oil, gluten-free wholegrain oat flour, pea fibre, potato starch, salt and natural flavours. Our products are free from genetic manipulation, soya, palm oil and artificial flavours and most of them are non-allergenic.
Some 95% of the peas come from controlled German cultivation, being largely produced in east and south Germany. The other 5 per cent come from neighbouring countries, predominantly Scandinavia, Belgium and France. Eastern European countries are also important for our medium-term goal of manufacturing our raw materials organically. We cannot achieve this goal with the organic cultivation space available in Germany alone. Important: for us and our agricultural partner, the Emsland Group, to regularly visit our contracted farmers on their farms.
more than 60% less plastic
The new sustainable packaging is made from 100% recycled paper and is itself 100% recyclable. Our new packaging saves more than two thirds of plastic in comparison to the previous packaging. The paper and plastic can now be completely separated. Our goal of constantly improving our sustainability is no walk in the park. It takes hard work and worthwhile investment. Of course, our production also requires power – but we only use power from renewable sources. We use hydropower for all of our sites.
Our products have earned internationally recognised quality seals and certificates. The European Vegetarian Union V-label, IFS Food seal and BRC Food seal allow manufacturers to appropriately label vegetarian and vegan products, certifying their quality and food safety and showing that they have met the relevant product and service standards. These labels are awarded following the relevant audit. Another interesting fact that is not reflected in our labels: we use energy from hydropower. In Stegaurach, we have even recently switched to using regional power from biogas plants.